Custom Eritrea Trips & Tours
Ancient trade routes connecting the Roman Empire through Red Sea ports to the Middle East and India launched an early start to Eritrea's multi-faceted past. The Kingdom of Axum, Ottoman and Arabic Empires, and Italian rule have all left remnants of their influence. Inland, a panoply of native ethnic groups maintain cultural traditions in highland villages. History is revealed on a cultural trip to Eritrea.
- Take in the Italian aesthetic in UNESCO-acclaimed Asmara, a modernist African city with art deco architecture.
- Mingle with the myriad of regional ethnic groups, haggling over goats, camels, electronics, and produce at highland markets.
- Snorkel and explore the rich biodiversity of the Red Sea, camping on pristine sandy beaches in the Dahlak Islands.
- Follow ancient trade routes through history from the Kingdom of Axum through the Ottoman Empire and Italian colonial period.
- Ride restored vintage railcars, winding through enchanting scenery on the historic Eritrean Railway.