Wilds of Botswana
Custom Travel | 10 Days
- A custom-designed safari: this itinerary is just a starting point
- Private reserves and exclusive camps carefully chosen for the season
- Meander the waterways of the Okavango Delta by mokoro
- Hippos, zebras, lions, lechwe, even swimming elephants
- Bush walks and game drives led by expert guides
A one-of-a-kind natural masterpiece, the Okavango Delta is the happy result of the 1,000-mile long Okavango River’s failure to find an outlet to the sea. Instead, the river comes to what the great photographer Frans Lanting calls “a splendid death,” seeping productively into the bone-dry Kalahari Desert, creating the world’s largest inland delta. Among a dizzying variety of flora and world-class panoply of fauna, you’ll witness unforgettable wildlife interactions from one exquisite reserve to the next, always based from the most exclusive, comfortable camps.
We are all so very grateful to you for organizing our Botswana trip. From every perspective—logistics, venues, choice of guide, clear instructions, adequate preparation, and setting expectations—we could not have asked for more.– BOB F.
1 – 2
After a night in Johannesburg, fly to northeastern Botswana Your tented camp within the 320,000-acre Selinda Reserve overlooks a seasonal waterway that links the delta with the game-rich Linyanti wetlands.
3 – 4
Traverse the floodplains by mokoro and the savannah by four-by-four, watching for pods of hippos, colorful birds, wild dogs, sables, buffalo, elephants, cheetahs, and other creatures.
5 – 6
Fly to Kwedi Reserve on the northern edge of the Okavango Delta, where you track lions and spot such birds as Pel's fishing-owls, African skimmers, and wattled cranes based from a private camp on a riverine island.
7 – 9
A charter flight whisks you to the Sandibe Reserve, set along permanent waterways in the eastern delta After encountering buffalo, hyenas, warthogs, big cats, and countless avian species, kick back at your luxury lodge, complete with private butler service.
Fly to Johannesburg and catch flights home, or embark on additional exploring (GeoEx is happy to make the arrangements).
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
Custom Trip: From $13,550 per person (Green Season)
Custom Trip: From $19,975 per person (Dry Season)
based on double occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where GeoEx Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Travel in 2021: GeoEx Staff StoriesRead More
Accessible Adventure: A “Bucket List” Trip to BotswanaRead More
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
7 Reasons to Go on a Botswana Safari During Green SeasonRead More