Custom Travel | 11 Days
- A trip handcrafted for you: this itinerary is just a starting point
- Admire gilded statues and ornate fountains at Russia’s storied palaces
- Journey in the Golden Ring, a circle of ancient Russian cities
- Stay in Suzdal, a feast of onion-domed churches and monasteries
- Iconic sites like the Hermitage and Red Square
Your Russian adventure begins in Moscow, the wellspring of much of the world’s culture, history, and politics—and then goes beyond this one magnificent city. To the northeast lies the Golden Ring, a collection of ancient towns like Suzdal and Vladimir whose lifeblood forms the marrow of Old Russia. And to the northwest is St. Petersburg and its “silent, lonely beauty,” as Lillian Hellman put it. Weaving them together are visits with local folks, an overnight train ride, time at Tsarskoye Selo (extravagant home of the Tsars), and whatever else you can imagine.
Our guide Nadia was more than excellent—she was outstanding. When we left her at the Moscow airport, son John (age 40) said, "fantastic," and son Eric (28) got off the bus next, and I heard him say "amazing."– BARBARA S.
1 – 3
Discover Moscow, Russia's vibrant capital, with visits to Red Square, the Kremlin, and the historical Kitai-Gorod area, and a ride on its historic metro.
4 – 5
Trace the Golden Ring to medieval Suzdal and UNESCO-acclaimed Vladimir, exploring Sergiev Posad's many religious sites en route.
6 – 8
An overnight train carries you to St. Petersburg, “Venice of the North,” where you delve into the phenomenal Hermitage museum, a fortress, and Yusupov Palace, locale of Rasputin’s assassination.
9 – 11
While visiting impressive palaces, get a lift by hydrofoil, stroll through gardens, and learn about the fabled Amber Room Depart from St. Petersburg.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year–round
From $11,000 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance