Iceland: Land of Awe
Custom Travel | 7 Days
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences, smartly timed visits, and private villas
- Spectacular hikes to waterfalls, lava fields, glaciers, geysers, and snowcapped volcanoes
- Spot puffins on an ocean safari in the Vestmannaeyjar archipelago
- Sophisticated Reykjavík and island lore
Volcanoes, glaciers, hot springs, cool, mossy valleys—Icelandic landscapes are the stuff of fairy tales. (It’s no wonder locals talk about respecting the elves.) This customizable Iceland adventure focuses on the southwestern part of this living, breathing island. Traveling by souped-up four-by-four, you sample the Nordic lifestyle of design-rich and fashion-forward Reykjavik. But you spend more time hiking through dramatic scenery. To steer clear of the increasing number of travelers, we arrange experiences away from the crowds on our land of fire and ice tour. Your trip will benefit from smartly timed visits and stays at private villas with excellent chefs.
Alight in Reykjavík and enjoy exclusive access to the Blue Lagoon, a soothing geothermal pool where black-sand beaches and silica-blue water make for surprising scenery.
Your guide introduces you to Golden Circle wonders, including120-foot Strokkur geyser, 10-story Gullfoss waterfall, and Thingvellir National Park, where you’ll discover seismic beauty and 1,000 years of history.
Descend into the astonishing Thrihnukagigur volcano magma chamber or hike the so-called Steam Valley, pausing to soak in natural hot springs alongside locals.
4 – 5
After zipping by Zodiac to a puffin colony in the lava-draped Westman Islands, hike in Thórsmörk Valley, where birches open to stunning vistas of active Eyjafjallajökull volcano and Mýrdalsjökull glacier.
6 – 7
Locals share Icelandic folklore and culture at the Skógar Folk Museum Go glacier trekking and walk behind the Seljalandsfoss waterfall Return to Reykjavík and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $13,800 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on two travelers sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance